Church

Church
Come as you are...you are not to bad to come in and not to good to stay out! Join us for Worship and Fellowship!

February 14, 2011

Personal Obedience

In John 21:15-23...We read about the pivotal point in Peter's Faith. Peter had to be broken in order to do God's will. Like many of us, Peter was his own person, he did what he wanted, he had his own plans...but God had other plans for Peter.
Is God's plans for us different than our own...I'll bet! You want to hear God laugh...then go ahead...tell Him your plans! Has God got our attention? What will it take? How many church activities are really benefiting us by; (a) equipping us to love others, (b) draw closer to God, (c) to do the will of God?

Do you want to know what God has planned for you?
Then "Seek to Know"...
Have you read the Bible
Do you read the Bible
Do you believe the Bible...If you do, then you must believe it all...It is the absolute guide to how we should live our lives...no exceptions!!

Matt 7:21-23 NIV 
21 “Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Jesus moves us into ACTION!!  It's very important...not only what we say...but what we do! Does it matter what our neighbors do? No! Only what we do!

We really can't submit to "Lordship" until we fully understand what it is.

1.) Do I accept God's complete Sovereignty?
2.) Am I ready today, to give account to God of the management of His possessions?
3.) Am I doing all I can that I know is right?
4.) Have I personally settled this Lordship issue?

Do you have a repentant heart? Then do it...repent...then you can grow and mature in your Faith!

It's not always about what God can do for us...but, what God has done for us!!

Sermon today by Pastor Cherry......post by KB

No comments: