Church

Church
Come as you are...you are not to bad to come in and not to good to stay out! Join us for Worship and Fellowship!

February 18, 2011

PS...

When you pray, do you sometimes add a PS at the end? More often than not?

Pastor Cherry brought this up during his sermon last week. So, I’ve been thinking, what on earth could I possibly ask God for in a PS. If I have taken the time to say a sincere prayer from my heart, what’s left for the PS? Well, I took inventory and made a list of what I have, so I could figure out what it is that I need!

I have…
Land Í don’t use
Cars I don’t drive
Rooms I don’t sleep in
Furniture I don’t sit on
Food I don’t eat
Money I don’t spend
Clothes I don’t wear

And there’s more...
Horses I don't ride
Lawn mowers I don’t want
Tools I don’t need
Sheds full of stuff
Drawers with forgotten items
Cabinets with crazy gadgets

...and the list goes on and on! What on earth could I possibly need? Nothing! Oh, I’m human, so there are things I "want"…but nothing I “need”.

OK, maybe there is something I need...I "NEED" to spend more time in prayer…thanking the Lord for what he has given me, for what I have...starting with my salvation through the sacrifice of Jesus Christ. If I continue to take inventory of all he has done for me, maybe I can do away with my PS.

To repeat a phrase Pastor Cherry used last week…
It’s not about what God can do for us...
but, what God has done for us!

No comments: