Church

Church
Come as you are...you are not to bad to come in and not to good to stay out! Join us for Worship and Fellowship!

January 4, 2011

It-Snow-Wonder!


Pastor William Bull is my Uncle Bill! http://www.thesheltertree.com/ is his blog. If you have a little time, you really should visit “The Shelter Tree”, have fun with the stories, study the scriptures, and be enlightened and uplifted by the prayers!

Today “The Shelter Tree” blog was titled ~ONE SIZE FITS ALL~ It is a fun story…but what really caught my attention was a scripture that was used. (Uncle Bill’s choice) Job, chapter 37, beginning with verse 6, where we read these words as recorded in the paraphrase of the Bible, The Message: He orders the snow, 'Blanket the earth!'…No one can escape the weather—it's there. And no one can escape from God. Wild animals take shelter, crawling into their dens, When blizzards roar out of the north and freezing rain crusts the land.

Well, it’s frigid and snowy outside and I find my self complaining how miserable it is. Today I stopped by the church to take care of a few chores. As I was leaving out the back door ( in a hurry as usual) I was struggling with the load in my arms and trying to get the door closed. As I walked towards my truck I looked up. On the north side of our little church, the snow was bright and sparkling, the trees were heavy with snow caps and the snow was curling off the pump house roof. A light snow was swirling around in a soft breeze. Beautiful!! It took my breath away!

It-Snow-Wonder I’m in awe at such a sight…He ordered it, God did it! I pray I can be more thankful for all the blessings, like snow, ice and cold, that God gives us!
(this picture is not from our church, but is an example of God's beautiful work!)

No comments: